Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Days 9 & 10

I am getting a little better each day, and that is just so exciting!  Day 9 there was still some discomfort and I was on the extra strength acetaminophen throughout the day.  A tiny bit of throat pain and ear pain, but nothing to complain about really.  The part that bothers me is the swollen uvula and sounding like I have something in my throat.  I mean that uvula is huge!  I have been on a round of steroids so I thought that would've kept the swelling down.  I just hope that it shrinks a little each day.  I think being on the steroids has helped alleviate some of the pain.  I usually feel better about an hour after taking it in the morning.  I am completely off of any pain medicine day 10.  I am not even taking the acetaminophen.  I noticed myself trying to eat normal size bites at dinner and had a hard time swallowing.  I have to make a conscious effort to take small bites and swallow 'just right', so it actually goes down my throat. 

If I talk for a while my throat starts to feel strained.  That doesn't feel all that great, but I try to give my voice a break every so often.  Today was also the first day I did not take a nap.  I would say on day 10, I am living life as normal... just with a frog in my throat! 

Big lesson learned today - Sonic ice still feels good and helps me to stay hydrated since I still have to take such small sips... big gulps just don't make it down my throat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment